Implementation of an MRP system
isn't a matter of just loading a few discs and using the system. We always
recommend a phased approach for any MRP implementation, including milestones,
where everyone can see what is expected, monitor results and get a "warm and
fuzzy" feeling about the progress.
Phase 2 and 3 combined usually take 2 to 3 weeks to complete and
communication with each department. Our job is to "teach the teacher" so you can maintain the system
once it is up and running.
- Phase 1 is a 2-day audit of
the overall MRP system. On the afternoon of the 2nd day we sit down and
discuss our findings and review our written recommendations. The audit will yield a "state-of-the-union" of
your MRP system and establish a baseline for future planning.
Click here for
additional audit information.
- Phase 2 will put a team together and:
- Identify problems at your facility
- Perform a readiness assessment
- Document the needs
- Outline training and documentation requirements
- Recommend priorities
- Establish time bogeys for the
- Identify the MRP coordinator person
- Phase 3 will:
Outline manpower requirements with cost estimates for
management review and approval
Document measurable milestones
plan chart in MS Project
Identify a pilot project (limit to a few parts)
- Phase 4 is the start of pilot implementation
- Announce the MRP implementation coordinator and other
- Finalize schedule priorities
- Develop detailed project assignments
- Outline detailed training and documentation requirements
for the project.
- Start the education and training process.
- Phase 5 will complete the pilot
- Recap the entire project plan
- Fine tune procedures and training plans from what has
- Update schedule for complete project implementation
- Success of the pilot will soon get around
- Phase 6 continues with the entire
- Duration will depend on available resources and top level
here for a 1 page Word document of this page for future review.
After download please click "Enable Editing" to view in
For more information on the MRP implementation process please contact us at:
Phone: 727 642-4677